Updated Monday December 19, 2016 by Tustin Western Little League.
Clinic Division is a further introduction to baseball. Coaches begin to emphasis skills development, learning positions, basic rules and sportsmanship. Games are non-competitive, so there are no scores and players can only be called out by a defensive play. Coach pitch is introduced, but tees are still used as needed. The philosophy is to prepare players for competitive baseball beginning in Rookie Division.
- Team size is limited to 8-11 players.
- Every player bats every inning and plays the field.
- The ball is pitched overhand by a coach from a kneeling position.
- Coaches will catch (DO NOT ALLOW A CHILD TO PLAY CATCHER).
- There are no strikeouts (the tee will be brought out after 3 swinging strikes).
- If an out is recorded in the field, the player does not reach base.
- No walks, extra base hits, stealing, bunting or advancing on an overthrow.
- The last player up hits a home run and clears the bases.
- Inning ends when the last player has batted (even if three outs were recorded earlier).
- Games will last no longer than 1 1/2 hours. 3-4 innings is the guideline for a game.
If you would like additional information regarding the Clinic Division, please contact Larry DaBrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.